Friday, May 27, 2011

I am doing something!

I have now been home dealing with my MS life change for three years. During that time, I thought that I would fulfill my time by helping others by tutoring. When that started to drizzle out I thought I would help out at the church as much as possible. Then I broke my leg and I was home bound. The MS was put on the back burner and the leg became the forefront of my life. I started journaling but like many things in my life that too went to the way side. I felt a bit guilty that journaling went bust until I realized it didn't do me any good if I wrote and nobody read it. So now, I am blogging. But before you dismiss this as another day to day blog that does nothing but go on and on about oneself; understand this blog has a goal. It has a goal for you and for me.

OUR GOAL IS TO DO SOMETHING POSITIVE EVERY DAY. MY GOAL IS BLOG ABOUT IT DAILY. NEXT, PRAY THAT THE POSITIVE OUTCOME AFFECTS SOMEONE ELSE.

Now this positive outcome may not always affect the public, friends, or family. As a MS person, you may have positive outcomes just for yourself. I have noticed that there are dozens of books out there that talk about how the chronically ill inspire others. Though this is important, I feel that it is just as important to inspire yourself. Inspiration does not have to be positive. As I vow to do my best to blog daily, whoever read this blog must be realistic and understand that inspiration can be derived by pain.

It sounds confusing that inspiration can be derived by pain, so let me give an example. People with MS suffer from fatigue. For this reason, there are days during the week that the biggest accomplishment I have is finding the lost remote. On those days, I feel best thing I can do to inspire is to be strong enough to be there for my family.

I was watching a MTV episode of  "True Life" and it was about people with Terrets. One person on that show said "God may have dealt me these cards, but it is up to me on how I play them".  This is so true. Even though my symptoms are becoming more bothersome and noticiable, I refuse to go to my death bed saying, "Well, I have seen every episode of Intervention". MS may have taken my career, dignity, and several physical attributes but it has not taken away my desire to grow and succeed.

Hey, MS- These are my life cards and I have a full house (kids, husband, friends, family) and my hand is not going to lose! I would like to bet, please!

3 comments:

  1. What a blessing to read this blog...I am overcome with happiness.
    You will be blessed and others who read will be blessed. You are a steward of your pain. Leanna

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joy!! What an awesome post! You are such an amazing woman!! God uses you beautifully to encourage others =) I'm your first follower!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy - You are an inspiration! Not only to those living with chronic conditions, but for anyone - even those who haven't yet figured out that the value in life is in the living of it - with a heart full of love and laughter. Thanks!

    Doreen

    ReplyDelete