Sunday, June 12, 2011

What Color Glasses Do You Wear?

Are you a person who sees only the trees in the forest or do you see a forest and ignore the trees?

Please comment below your feelings.  This can help me better understand you.

What do you see below?


http://www.moillusions.com/2006/05/young-lady-or-old-hag.html

I relate this woman to my life. I think others can too even if they do not have MS. I do my best to appear as the young beautiful woman in the picture. Even on days that I feel like the old hag. It is my personal facade, my optical illusion. Don't look too close at me, you might not like what you see. 

What color glasses best suits you? Have you tried wearing different colored lenses? Do you look through glasses that only show one color? Do you only see bright colors or dark colors despite the images the world shows you? Or is the world unclear, fuzzy, and dark? What color do people see when they look at you through their glasses? Are you showing them only bright colors? Is that your "true color"?

Maybe you let people determine what color glasses you should wear. Having others determine your lenses may cause you to have a distorted view on life. Are there times in your life you choose to wear the same glasses as those around you? Why not? It avoids conflict! You are also avoiding failure. You are also denying yourself the opportunity to create your own glasses.


Do you notice that the lenses in your glasses are transitional? Are your glasses changing day by day or minute by minute?  

In traffic, you might see life in red. Other drivers might see the traffic in yellow.  They see it as a time to relax, enjoy the music, and time to breathe. This causes them to drive slowly making the lenses in your glasses a flaming red color. How frustrating! It is hard to understand how these drivers who see yellow what chaos the construction is causing!  After driving on I80 the other day, flaming red is the only color I saw. It is also the color I showed my kids.



It is the above situation that reminded me of this old cartoon. After getting to my destination, I felt like the cat did at the end of this cartoon. It doesn't matter about the challenge I had getting to my goal, it is about reaching the destination.




How do you handle people who insist that their color glasses are the right color? Do you keep trying to get those people to try on other glasses? Or do you avoid conflict with them and let them wear any glasses they want to?

It is important to try on several pairs of glasses before settling on a pair that works for you. By wearing a variety of colored glasses you will see a whole new world opening up before your eyes!

No comments:

Post a Comment